Thursday, January 31, 2013

Long post (no editing, sorry about that)

Orlando is sleeping so I guess I can sit down and update the blog now.
So, how's life?

I've really busy + sick (again!) lately. Not very sick though. G. got sick at the end of last week and I caught a bad cold from him. I've never been so sick before. I mean, usually I catch a cold in winter season but not a such a bad cold and not twice! I wonder if this relates to my diet. I ate more meat last year (but never more than 2 times a week) and, for the very first time in 36 years, I had a flu and two cold in a row. When I didn't eat meat at all, I didn't even catch a sore throat, let alone a cold. Perhaps it's a combination of factors: a) a great amount of stress + b) "new" diet  + c) no pilates. It's just too hard for me to fit pilates at the moment. 

Anyway, I'd better recover as soon as possible as I have to deal with many things. My immune system seems to be weak, I have to strengthen it.

On a different note, I had a good time in Brussels despite the cold, the wind and the snow :-( Quite cold indeed but my hotel was close to the venue so it wasn't a big deal. I didn't jump into someone I mentioned elsewhere which was good. Next trip will be in Venice and then in Prague in April.

I don't feel energetic. I do need a holiday but this has become more a mantra rather than something that could actually happen. I do also need to spend more qualitative time with G. but we're both busy and Orlando completely absorbs our free time. He sleeps at granny's house, by the way. For reasons we can't explain, he sleeps more there. He tries to jump on her bed but at least he doesn't bother her before 6:30 a.m. and sometimes he even sleeps until 7:30. So now my mum comes to get him at 11:00 p.m. and we sleep until 7. I can tell you that it makes a big difference. 

Having Orlando is like having a baby. If I don't get pregnant, it's ok. I can't even imagine looking after a puppy AND a baby. However, I'd lie if I told you that I don't think about pregnancy anymore. When I was a teenager I though that I would never be a mother. I don't know why, it was just an intuition that never abandoned me. Until a few years ago, I was ok with it. Now that the biological clock tics loudly, I have changed my mind. I'm not fond of kids, to be honest. Usually, they get on my nerves. On the contrary, I am immensely patient with dogs (and this is G's mantra: "you are much more patient with dogs than with humans, let alone with kids"!). However, I know that something is missing in my life. But there's nothing I can do about it and we're not keen on going through tests etc. so I just have to cope with the fact that we've been trying for a long time but it hasn't worked. Period. I'm not depressed but there's a sadness in my heart that doesn't go away. 


4 comments:

  1. HI LOLA - sounds like you are struggling, on a few fronts. It's all connected though - not sure which come s first or if it even matters, ya know? Sending you hugs and energizing light as you find your way through the mire.
    Love and hope for us all
    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your energizing light!
    I feel better today... I guess it's your energy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's quite a sad post.
    I'm sure you would be fine with your own child but, you are right, it is hard work (I guess) and more than a dog since a puppy grows quite fast whereas for a kid it's many years.

    But, seriously, have you ever thought about adoption?

    In spite of everything we are as complete as we shall be (with or without kids) and, in reality, we never really need something else to make this completeness complete - if you see what I mean. Something else just makes a "new" complete.

    Anyway, I send hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've given some thought but it's a far too long process and we have to be married to adopt in Italy. We're not married and G. is not keen on getting married. I don't care either, to be honest. Also, at this point I hope to move somewhere else so I'm not even considering marriage and/or adoption.

    I can see your point and I do agree: we are as complete as we shall be. Good point.

    Un abbraccio anche a te!


    ReplyDelete