Friday, June 14, 2013

GG. part II


Yes, I’ve seen him after what happened and, surprisingly, I did not feel anything. Perhaps because I was with G. already or perhaps because we desperately needed to make love just one time in order to know how it was.

Something strange happened last year, though. We had to meet due to the death of a former classmate (E). The circumstances were particularly difficult as we met at E’s house with his parents. Of course we were all very moved and sad but I didn’t fail to notice two things:

1) We haven’t seen each other (and haven’t heard from each other) for more than 13 years. He called me 3 times that day for stupid things like a) Hi, it’s me. I’m waiting for you all at …. Where are you? b) I’m still here.. where the hell are you? c) hi, are you going home? Ok… just asking…well, bye then. That day, speaking to a friend of mine, he said that he was surprised because I haven’t changed over the years while he has changed (which, by the way, it’s not true).

2) After that day, we planned a dinner all together. I wrote him several emails (I was in charge of the overall organization) and he never got back to me. A friend (who knows the GG’s story) offered to write him saying that he was probably too embarrassed to come to a dinner with me. She wrote him and GG. replied right away: I am sorry but I can’t. After a few months, another dinner … same thing: the answer is no via common friends, he never replies directly to me.

He doesn’t want to see me again. He doesn’t want to be in touch with me. 
I don’t know what to think about it, to be honest.

Any ideas?!

6 comments:

  1. Well, my dear, it's quite obvious: he still likes you and finds you attractive, and this scares him (because you are both older and involved with others and he knows everything can get more complicated that then in the car).

    I would suggest you don't see him anymore. This is one of those forms of attraction that work when you're 19 but later on it can get you in very sad situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Arte on this - at least as regards to the first paragraph.

    I wouldn't suggest anything because it's futile anyway. You will do whatever you feel like doing and, to be honest, it is not a good situation to be in.

    These things always make me think of one of my favourite films - Brief Encounter - the only film that gets me crying at the end. Not because she stays with her husband but rather because she doesn't go with the Doctor! I know, it's wrong but it gets me every time.

    There's always that "could have been" thing.

    The correct advice is the one that Arte gives, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, arte. By the way, I don't like him anymore and I'm in love with someone else so it wouldn't be such a big deal to meet him.... for me.

    @Andy: I haven't seen that movie. I think that GG. probably has the "could have been" thing. Luckily, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy is right: no point suggesting anything. In fact, I feel like an old Miss Marple.
    I've seen the film! And I cried! It's heartbreaking. But you have to see the old version, the one from the 1940s, not the one with Burton and Loren, that one is terrible and he's wearing horrible synthetic suits the whole time and she's a bad actress in english.
    Somehow I can't see you in that role, Lola: you're too satisfied with your life.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I meant the original one with Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard. Terribly British, of course. Everyone so reserved - which was why the story is so heartbreaking.

    Well, if you don't have the "could have been" thing then everything is alright :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to see the movie!


    ReplyDelete