Thursday, July 12, 2012

Guilty or Innocent?

I have this thing of "feeling guilty" for "no matter what happens, it's always my fault". I know, it's ridiculous but I guess it (the guiltiness) can be traced back to my education. I'm not blaming my parents who, by the way, are not like me. I'm blaming catholic schools though, where the first word learnt by heart is "SIN". Everything is pretty much a sin and this can turn into a powerful emotional blackmail which, more often than not, haunts you for the rest of your life. 

Feeling guilty is a waste of time, really. Moreover, it's dangerous as it prevents you from behaving as you want. 

I'm not saying that I'm constantly feeling guilty, but I often feel guilty when I shouldn't. And I don't like it at all. 

4 comments:

  1. No you shouldn't feel guilty. But you know that already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know but I can't help it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. I didn't go to a catholic school but I feel guilty anyway.
    Actually, I even feel guilty that I DIDN't go to a catholic school!

    Seriously: I know exactly what you mean, and I'm working hard to get rid of this s***. (It's a sin to curse).

    ReplyDelete
  4. “ even feel guilty that I DIDN't go to a catholic school! "
    LOL
    !!

    ReplyDelete