Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A break from everything

Oh yeah, I'm so looking forward to the summer break! can't wait. In the meantime, I'm working at home :-(
Last week was quite busy as we had friends from the US who stayed with us for a few days and then I went to Sardinia to attend a meeting. 
There are still things that need to be done BEFORE leaving but a) it's too hot to work b) I need a break.
I had a break from Pilates though and I'm not particularly happy about it as I put on 2 kilos. Well, perhaps it was the delicious Sardinian food?! Ricotta and honey soooo yummy. Not to mention the seadas (the region's most famous cheese and honey dessert).
Anyway, I've booked my 2 hours of Pilates before going to Tuscany in order to get back into "shape" hahhhahh ;-).

I did have a great time last week. It's always good to catch up with friends and colleagues. The first meeting was held .... on the beach. How good was that? 

I'm struggling concerning the summer readings. I need a break (apparently "break" is the word of the day) from English as I've been reading & writing in English since last September BUT if I read in Italian it'll be too difficult to switch back to English to meet an important deadline at the end of August. I must admit (blame on me!) that I've just finished Acciaiao by Silvia Avallone and I do have another Italian book that I'd love to read in the coming weeks. Mumble mumble... I should stick with English books, really. However, have you ever seen someone reading stuff on military urbanism on the beach?!

We'll see.




3 comments:

  1. HI LOLA -

    I like your life! :-)


    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Kilos!??!!
    You are soooooooooooo thin that 2 kilos is good! ;-)
    But I know what you mean :'(

    ReplyDelete