Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Under the Tuscan Sun

Due to changes in G's job, we haven't booked anything yet. However, you probably recall that I LOVE Tuscany as I spent my summer holidays there when I was teenager. I keep wonderful memories of more than 10 years in Tuscany with my grandparents and parents. I had a blast with my friends and I'm overcome with nostalgia when I think about my first French kiss (at the movies, we were watching Dirty Dancing and A* didn't look like Patrick Swayze ;) breakfast with fresh focaccia and milk, tennis and swimming lessons and so forth. So, when it comes to summer holidays I have to go to Tuscany, even if it's just for a few days. We're looking for a place to stay near Baratti and maybe we've found something. We'll see, we're waiting for an answer. If the place is going to be the one that we have in mind, we've been very lucky. To be honest, it's very unlikely as it's a great place and I doubt they still have an apartment to rent. Anyway, we'll keep looking. We desperately need a holiday!

*1 year ago I got an email from him. I haven't heard from him for a long time, around 20 years. 

Dear L.
Are you the curly L. from *** ? 
I haven't seen you for a long time and I was wondering how things are doing.
I still go to *** All our friends go there on holiday with their kids. By the way, I have a child too and it's too much fun.
What about you?
Aren't you on Facebook?
Please sign up so that you can see my pictures.
Wow, if you are the curly girl ("ricciolina" in Italian) I have in mind... I do remember you.

I was struck by the fact that a) he found my email (well, not so difficult if one knows my family name) and that  b) he contacted me after 20 years! Andrea was my first "boyfriend". He wasn't good-looking, a skinny boy from Rome who made fun of me like all teenagers do when they like someone. I can't tell why I liked him but I did. A lot. 

Dear A.
I do remember you as well!
So nice to hear from you
...

to be continued

7 comments:

  1. Suspense! ;-)
    (And Baratti is a lovely place.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm - you called him A apart from one place where you give his name in full!

    Yes, Tuscany. Wonderful apart from all those Brits everywhere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D
    thanks.
    Oh well, he won't read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach, where would we all be without Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @arte: yeah.
    Perhaps in a better world?
    ;-)
    @andy: noooo. I hope.

    ReplyDelete