Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wind & Rain & Changes


The weather is dreadful here: wind, rain and cold. Winter, again? I'm not accustomed to it anymore. I desperately long to feel the sun's touch on my skin. I'm not in a "rainy mood" today, despite the gray sky. Perhaps it's because one of my closest friend is going to Zanzibar today. She's promised to send me pictures from the Paradise. 

Can't wait to this summer. We don't have plans yet but a few ideas. My original idea was going to the mountain which is a perfect place for big boy. However, I changed my mind almost immediately as we both need/love the seaside. We'll probably do what we did last year: big boy will stay with "granny" and "uncle" C. Not bad at all!

We've been through some changes here. My partner works on Saturdays and his job involves much more responsibility now. He is not good at taking new responsibilities right away. He needs time to adjust and last week was quite challenging for him and, as a consequence, for me. Things are better now, though. Hopefully the good mood will last ;)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lola - sorry I haven't visited in a while _ and I was so happy to see you over at my place. :-) Sounds wonderful to be planning a vacation - seaside or mountains - both glorious. Hugs to you and Big Boy
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail!
    So nice to see you here.
    Yes, so looking forward to a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm with you on the rain and cold, as you know.

    I have to take 3 weeks in August this year and, almost certainly, we shall spend the whole tiime in Carrara. That's what we've discussed, anyway. We shall, of course, take the dog (or, maybe, dogs?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. dogS!
    It sounds exciting.
    wow, 3 weeks :-) good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See that's where you (and the rest of Italy) and I differ. I would prefer a couple of weeks and then another week at another time but this year the factory shuts so I have no choice :-(

    ReplyDelete