Friday, March 2, 2012

Yoga Festival: body & mind



I didn't know about yoga festival. They seem pretty active, especially in Milan. I've never tried yoga because, as far as I know, there aren't good yoga studios in my hometown. Moreover, I simply can't add yoga to my weekly training as I don't have time for it. But I have always been attracted to the discipline of yoga and now that my body is stronger, thanks to pilates, I'm willing to give it a try. 

I'm planning to attend Ana Forrest's seminar in May (her book is very interesting). I'm also planning to attend other events in the coming months.

The more I practice Pilates the more I acknowledge that I've neglected my body and the connections between my body and my mind for a long time (even though pilates has nothing to do with the mind). When something goes wrong in my life, my body speaks out loud: it's amazing to recognize how the body and  the soul are strictly intertwined. Well, it's more amazing NOT to be aware of that deeply connection, to be honest. 



3 comments: