Thursday, February 23, 2012

Done!

One paper is almost done. It's a big relief. I think we've done a good job but it's not for me to judge. It's been a productive week so far as I've worked at home where I do focus much more than at my work place  (sharing the office space is both good and bad). So I guess I can take one day off from writing :-) 

Working at home allows me to:
- have flexibility in terms of working hours. I work more BUT I start "late" (first thing I do in the morning when I'm at home is walking the dog) around 9:30-45 and finish when I am done with my job. If I am done at 1 p.m. I have lunch at 2 and then work again until I have finished (4? 5? 6? Doesn't matter). Which makes sense, right? I don't get why some people don't understand the importance of flexibility as far working hours are concerned. Some days I can write for 8 hours while others I have to stop after 3 hours because I have to do some research etc. I only have to meet the deadline, I can even work in the evenings or on Sundays. It doesn't make any difference as long as I meet all the deadlines. I know, though, that this doesn't apply to all jobs.
- spend more time with big boy ... I wish I spent more time with my partner too but he's been quite busy lately.
- cook more & eat what I really love instead of eating sandwiches and salads for 5 days in a row.
- workout when I want instead of when I can.
- spend quality time with my family.
- be more productive and relaxed.

So, it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment