Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fights

I am a bit nervous this morning. Two days ago I had a fight with my mum and I've just had another one. Sometimes it's hard to cope with her even though I love her so much. She lives 2 minutes from our house. Again, this is good and "bad". Perhaps bad is not the right way to put it. It is both good & challenging, if you can see what I mean. 

She is judgmental and I don't like it. You should do this in this way, G. should do that. This kind of stuff. Perhaps she doesn't realize that we're ... adult! We're not teenagers anymore but the problem is that we now live in the house she lived in for more than 30 years. We understand that she would like to see everything as perfect as it was before we moved in together. It is almost perfect, believe me. We have a housekeeper (bless her) and do our best. Could we do more? Yes. Do we have the right to do less? Yes! This is the point: my parents don't understand that I/we can be different and can decide to live in a slightly different way, can't we? 

Oh well, I need to get some fresh air to calm down I guess. And big boy wants to go out for a walk so... speak to you soon!

4 comments: