Monday, June 3, 2013

Back home

I'm back from Brussels and I'm coping with email overload. I didn't check my email while I was away and it was wise of me, even though I now have to catch up. Not funny, eh?!

I had a good time in Brussels as I reconnected with many friends and I spent more energies and time socializing rather than working. I stayed in a very nice area also, this time the visit was worth it. Overall, Brussels is nothing special to me. There are lovely districts though if you can put up with the weather which is often (always?!) grey. On the bright side, chocolate is really good and there are good restaurants too.

We spent the weekend in the garden and did have fun with Orlando. I also enjoyed the sun and a delicious meal at my  mum's house (we usually have lunch with my mum & my uncle on Sundays). I was looking for a book to read and I downloaded the sneak preview of Dan Brown's Inferno. I was very skeptical about it but I changed my mind and eventually purchased it. The setting is great (Florence) and I wished to turn the page! It was hard to put it down although I am aware that it is definitely NOT a masterpiece, like all Dan Brown's books. It's hard to deny that he knows how to sell and this triggers envy from writers who struggle to "make it". The world is full of frustrated writers who hate the lucky ones ;-)  Anyway, it seems worth reading it but I've just started so I'll let you know my thoughts at the end of the book.

4 comments:

  1. WHAT????
    Dan Brown??

    Well, at least in English, I hope? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes in English.
    I know, I know but this one is not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I've only read the first one. And it was the seond worst book I've ever read (I know! Can you believe that? That there's a worse book than the DaVinci Code?).

    You should follow @Nunferno - it's really funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll will follow @Nunferno ;-)

    ReplyDelete