Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Dog Behaviourist #3

We're on the right track: Orlando is improving. His trainer has spent a few hours with us and he was pleased to see that he goes less for rocks, socializes and plays with other dogs and -in general- he behaves much better. His blood exams are fine and the hypothesis of a compulsive behavior is less strong than it was anticipated. A compulsive dog does not improve and is more difficult to distract. So, things are doing well but there are still things he has to learn so... more work for us. It's ok though, I love working and playing with him. We tire him out a lot and apparently it works as he sleeps through the night without jumping on the bed. 

It goes without saying that I work more at home which is a real blessing as I spend more time with him and consequently I can train him and go out for long walks. My mum is also doing a great job with Orlando. G. plays a big role too but he is not a work-at-home dad so long walks with both parents are scheduled in weekends only.

To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Great news. I'm sure that with the right training for the parents, everything will be OK ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LOLA - So good to hear that Orlando is coming along. Seems, so are you! :-) I have been really busy with the big transition ad all that needs to be done here and there. I am around and keeping up but barely have time to comment.
    Love to you and big hugs to Orlando
    Love Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by!
    :-)
    I hope all goes well.
    Keep us posted about the transition.
    Hugs and love to you

    ReplyDelete