Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting off at Haymarket?!

Life is almost back to normal.  I said "almost" because we're so tired that we fall asleep on the couch at 10 p.m and sometimes the house is a mess but Orlando is adjust with day-night schedule. Except for yesterday night when he wanted to play at 3 a. m. but I know how to stop him now.  
Anyway, he is so vital and funny! I love to see him playing and we do have lots of fun together.

On a different note, I'm reading Ian Rankin's books, the inspector Rebus series. The books are all set in Edinburgh. As you may recall, last time I went to Scotland the weather was terrible that I kept complaining  about the fog, the cold and the rain BUT Edinburgh is a fascinating city and a perfect location, I think, for a crime novel. Knots & Crosses is the first of the inspector Rebus and, surprisingly enough, it hasn't been translated into Italian while the 10th (Dead Souls) has been translated (!!). It doesn't make sense to me but I'll read them in "English" anyway:

Haymarket was the last station into Edinburgh before the much grander Waverly. Rebus remembered that the premature withdrawal of the penis during intercourse for contraceptive reasons was often referred to as "getting off at Haymarket". Who said that people in Edinburgh were dour?






No comments:

Post a Comment