Thursday, May 10, 2012

2 challenges

Do you challenge your self?
Do you test your abilities or engage in competitions?

I often challenge myself without engaging in competitions with other people. I like testing my own abilities at work or during my workout routine without pushing too hard. I used to test myself more often at work than I do now. I prefer undertaking small physical challenges now and I when I see the results I feel really good. 

My Pilates workout is getting more difficult and demanding. I am able to do much more than a few months ago and A, my trainer, constantly asks me to do more. I'm making progress and I'm considering a big challenge (n. 1) which might entail a shift in my life. I don't like dealing with radical shift (remember Australia?). This is not going to be radical but it could imply many changes. We will see, I'll be silent about it as I haven't decided anything yet.

And then there's another challenge (n.2) on the horizon. This has to do with work. No, I'm not going anywhere! If I go for it, I'll spend most of the summer writing in English. I strongly hope this is going to happen but, alas, it's not for me to decide. All I can to do is thinking, submitting a proposal and waiting. 

Easy is boring, isn't it?
Taking on challenges is more exciting.

2 comments:

  1. HI LOLA - oh how I admire your youthful enthusiasm! :-) And yes, challenges are driving forces that bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in us. I challenge myself these days, to do and or be or keep on keeping on......no race with the rollator, ya know?
    Love to you
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gail,
    it's true: sometimes challenges bring out the worst!
    I'm sure it's not your case though :-)

    ReplyDelete