Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall

As Andy wrote, the fall (can't spell Autumn ;) is here. I wish I could spend a few days in Canada as the foliage is so great there. One day we went to a friend's cottage on a small lake. It was late October and wood was red, orange and yellow. Difficult to describe and to forget! This memory makes me longing for Canada. I spent the afternoon there, helping them fixing the roof (!) of their fairy tale-like house. I went for a short walk in the woods and felt, for the first time in my life, completely immersed in nature. The leaves cracked under my shoes as I stepped onto a path that was more familiar to wild animals than to me. When I stopped and realized that I could't hear the voices of my friends, I was worried to get lost  and eventually killed by bears. I had the feeling the nature was much powerful and wild that I had thought. It was time to go back. I didn't get lost but - if I think about it- I got lost in nature for a little while and it was scary & wonderful at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. HI LOLA - I so love Autumn, (Fall), as did my Mom. I could see and feel and hear you on your wonderful nature walk.
    Love Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to have you here Gail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think in many ways Canada resembles Norway. Early this morning I went for a walk in the woods with a little dog we're taking care of. Just me end him, everybody else in the world seemed to be asleep. There was just light veil of frost on the leaves, and wonderful colors. And the fragrance of pine trees and earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Arte,
    yes Canada and Norway are similar.
    Enjoy your walks with the dog and breathe the peace in.

    ReplyDelete