Monday, September 17, 2012

The Dog Behaviorist

We've arranged an appointment: the dog behaviorist, B.,  will come on Friday and will spend at least 2:30 hours with us in order to understand why Orlando eats non-food and, more importantly, how to correct him.

On the phone B. told me that he needs time to observe the dog in the environment where he lives which is understandable. He also told me that it's unlikely that he has an obsessive compulsive disorder as he is too young but -for obvious reasons- we need to stop this behavior as soon as possible. He knows of dogs who swallow more than 100 rocks per day! Orlando can't do it as he is 24/7 supervised but still, he has to stop asap. 

I hope we'll sort things out. B. is also a vet and a dog trainer so I strongly hope that he is the right one to call as we're a bit frustrated.

I'll keep you posted on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment