Monday, August 20, 2012

Orlando's chronicles

So he is here! He's sleeping now (thank God) and will eat in around an hour. We are exhausted! Wow. It's a first for G. and it's a first for a us as a couple: having a puppy is not so easy. He is wonderful but he does't spend 5 minutes alone. We always have to be in the same room which is fine... during the day. Yesterday I took F. advice and slept on the couch. Orlando was fine but he checked every hour or so in order to be sure that I was there. At 5:30 we went outside (he had to pee) and then he wanted to play a bit. We did play (poverina, as Andy says) and he got back to sleep. Lucky him, I didn't sleep at all. I feel a bit dizzy today. Orlando seems fine even though we've noticed that he sleeps more than yesterday which is a blessing. It's a big adjustment both to him and to us. Tonight I'll take A. advice and let him sleeping on his own in a room downstair. It'll be hard and he will cry a lot but he needs to understand that there are some rules, one of them being that he can't sleep with his parents.

Apparently he is very good with pee and poop. He doesn't "ask" to go outside but he pees and poops only in the garden. So... so far, so good.

We're getting to know each other and it'll take time. This morning I called him Duick....

Of course he is lovely even when chews my shoes or my books. By the way, he likes to chew everything, curtains and blackberry included. He is so funny, especially when he runs.

There are more things that I'd like to share and I'd also like to upload some pics but I really need a nap now :-) I feel like I've just had baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment