Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm still alive!

I've been very busy lately and I haven't had time to update the blog. Plus, this heat is killing me. I'm glad we have air conditioning at home. Luckily I'm working mostly at home but when I go to Milano I feel exhausted at the end of the day. 

A couple of things I want to share:

- DOGS. we are dogsitting a friend's dog! She (the dog) underwent a surgery last week and A. needed help so here we are :-) Tomorrow kira will stay with us -well, mainly with my mum- the whole day. It's nice to have a dog around again although it's weird to see her instead of Duick. Just in case you're wondering the answer is yes and no: on the one hand I feel better, on the other I still miss him a lot and I'm not over it. Last week I saw a dog like him (a gordon setter) and I burst into tears. I can't stand seeing gordon setters. 

A decision was made: no more gordon setters. Another decision was made: perhaps a golden retriever? My mum thinks she is ready to have another dog. The dog will be shared: we need my mum's help and she is a dog-lover like exactly like me. I'm not as ready as she is so I guess he (this is a thorny question: I'd like a male, she wants a female! G. is fine with both) will be staying more with her than with me IF we get him in the near future. However, given that she lives in the same property ... he will be staying with the three of us from the start. The plans are to get a dog after summer holidays. I must admit that I'm both thrilled and sad at the same time. But I can't have Duick back and we don't like living without a dog so... 

- FRIENDS. My Canadian friend and his family (4 people) will come to visit in July! They'll be staying at our place for 3-4 days and then we'll go to Sardinia. I'm looking forward having them here. G. is worried about his English and keeps telling me that he is not going to speak ("my English is too bad").  It's going to be tiring and funny, I guess. Other friends, one from the UK and one from Greece, will come to visit in October.
N., my best friend's son, will turn 1 tomorrow :-) he is ADORABLE and we'll celebrate him on Sunday. 

- SPORT. Well, I almost passed away during England versus Italy (Euro 2012)! I lost my voice but it was worth it. I doubt we'll beat the Germans tomorrow though... fingers crossed!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Lola - so good to see you again, and your plans/decisions, like Andy's are glorious - glorious indeed.
    Love to you
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sport: OK
    Friends: yes :-)
    Dogs: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I forgot.....

    Heat: Yes, yes, yes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gail :-)

    Andy: Heat: no, no nooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news! Yes, a pup! And yesss, Sardinia! Good to see you back in good shape!

    ReplyDelete