Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm back

Scotland in a month and Sardinia in July. No, I'm not going to Sardinia on holiday ... believe or not, I'll be there for a meeting. This will be a first for me: a meeting in a warm place :-) I don't think I'll be staying there just for a couple of days.
And then Bulgaria in September (not my fav.place) and Scotland again in December. And perhaps somewhere else in October but I still don't know about it.
These are all biz trips though, we don't know if and when we're going on holiday this summer. G's contract will end in July. He is quite concerned but I'm pretty sure the contract will be renewed. However, one never knows and, understandably, he is not thinking about summer holidays too much. Neither am I, to be honest. I'll be VERY busy until the end of July.

As far as Barcelona is concerned, we had a great time. It's definitely my favorite European city. We wandered around the city for 3 days and walked for hours almost everywhere and even spent a few hours on the beach at Barceloneta. Great weather, delicious food and nice hotel. However, if you happen to go there, I wouldn't recommend to stay too close to the ramblas for at least a couple of reasons. First, it's a noisy neighborhood and second it's the paradise for pickpockets. A Spanish friend recommended us a hotel which was not on the main rambla but in the heart of the Raval anyway. The hotel was lovely and quiet (except for the first night when Barca won the Copa del Rey) but the neighborhood was not ideal, especially at nights. 

I feel exhausted. This was just a quick update. I'm alive! I'm just busy at the moment but I'm planning to catch up with the blog.

p.s. by the way, along with the book mentioned in the previous post, I'm reading this which is very good. I've just started, but it seems an extraordinary piece of non-narrative fiction. On the contrary, I don't know why this is "the book everyone was talking about" as it is quite ridiculous. I read a free sample via amazon and I had enough. It speaks to certain female readers, I think. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lola - love your travel plans and your thoughts :-). You are speaking of fifty shades of gray, yes? My daughter read all three and was immersed in them, totally. I am reading "Norwegian Wood" - my son put it on my Kindle for me, for Mother's Day. He is a published writer, very gifted. Thanks for visiting me - it means a lot.
    Love to you
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you like the cold, I thought?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail,
    really?
    Perhaps I should give a second try and start again 50 shades of gray...
    I loved reading Norwegian wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too :-)
      I can't wait for it to become more like it should be in June!

      Delete