Friday, April 27, 2012

What is going on

is that we're not happy anymore. We get easily into "fights" because we are all VERY nervous. We are not relaxed at all. Some days are better than others but still, it's just too difficult to enjoy life the way we used to do until he died. I know it may sound exaggerated but we loved so much our big boy: he was like our child. 

It was like having a child to look after as he wanted lots of attention, more than other dogs. Long walks in the morning and hundreds of small things we now miss. A lot.

I feel completely unbalanced. I feel more balanced only when I do pilates and when I walk. Other than these two physical activities, I cannot stand anything and anyone to the point that I even avoid speaking to my closest friends. 

In order to get myself together, next week I'll try this. Perhaps it will be of help? I don't know but I'll give it a try. 

Last week I felt a bit better as I had to catch up with work. But this week is just unbearable. However, I'm aware that he passed away only two 2 weeks ago. I know it takes time.


Eventually, I will manage to keep my sadness locked up. I will manage to keep my anger locked up.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry. Time will ease the pain, as everybody says, but now it's hard. Seek distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LOLA - oh my, I her ya girl. We were so "off" for a long time after our 'Harley' passed away. We had him 15 years and we were broken hearted. Give yourself time to grieve. It will get better.
    ( I really dislike the new look of blogger - I can't get used to it), oh well.
    Love to you
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Silvia: I'm trying hard.
    Gail: 15 years it's a long time. I can't even imagine how you felt. You're right, I need time to grief.
    Sorry you don't like the new template. I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to lock everything away - it just becomes easier to be as you were ...... sort of. Even a few days ago, I missed and thought of Rufus. It was our first time down to Cararra without him. I even missed having to lift him into the car!

    It takes time and you don't need to rush it. Peace and normality will come, I promise. Baci

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, Andy.
    I'm doing my best to deal with it and it seems that things are slightly better now.

    I can imagine. It must have been tough to go down to Carrara without him.

    It's hard to walk WITHOUT Duick. The lake Maggiore is not a lovely place anymore, it's just a place where we now go without our big boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the lake is still the same as it was before - it's only your circumstances that have changed. You know my solution to this - it's what I'm doing now - is to get another dog. Another dog can not replace him - another dog will have a different character and be fun and loving and loveable in different ways - but that's the point, really. It's the differences that allow us to always remember but move on to love, equally, another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will get another one at some point because we cannot live without dogs.
    I don't know when though, we will see.
    You're right: that's the point.

    ReplyDelete